Saturday, May 1, 2010

Not Normal

I don't have a normal job. I don't work normal hours. I don't have every weekend off. And basically I deal with really crappy things aka people's worst nightmares. And for the most part, I deal just fine with everything. They aren't my situations/issues to deal with. I don't know the people involved, and therefor am able to let things roll off my shoulders very easily.
But this morning, it got personal. The profession I'm in, is truly one big family. We support one another, are there for another, and will pick one another up when one of ours is down. Today, the worst thing possible happened..in MY family.
People involved in the military can probably relate the best. When a soldier/service member is KIA, it hits home. Regardless if you knew the individual or not, it hits home. Because after all, who's to stay the next time it won't be your soldier involved. So you support one another, immensely, with out question.
This morning the world lost a wonderful humane being, who I've never had the honor to meet, but don't have to in order to know the extent of this tragedy.
My heart, thoughts and prayers are with all directly involved and affected, and the whole community in general. Today is a sad day.

2 comments:

  1. You are a really strong person to deal with these situations!! I don't know if I could, it would play on my mind too much. I'm line of work, but like you, my hours vary and I rarely have weekends off. Although I did this past weekend and it was SO nice! Hope you get a weekend off soon and can enjoy it and relax!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my Blog :) I've become a follower of your blog as well. Take a big deep breath, and have a glass of wine! I hope the rest of your month is looking up :) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete